1. Information collected from all visitors to the Site
We collect personal data from you when you voluntarily provide such information, such as when you contact us with inquiries, register for a Smarter Me account on the Site or make purchases. Such information could include:
- Name or publicly posted name from a Facebook or Google linked account;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Child’s name;
- Child’s date of birth;
- Video recordings of your child during classes;
- Your voluntarily provided profile picture or your Facebook picture that you have linked your account; and
- Information voluntarily provided to us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The information is used to track visitor use of the Site and to compile statistical reports on Site activity. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our Site features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
3. Use of personal data
Smarter Me may use the information collected for a variety of purposes, primarily related to providing and improving the quality of our products and services. For example, we may use the information collected in the following ways:
- Providing, administering, and facilitating your use of the Site, including the display of customized content and/or targeted advertising;
- Notifying you of new courses, new services, features, promotions, enhancements, and updates, including through newsletters;
- Keeping you informed of your lessons, including comments or notifications from Instructors;
- Handling or responding to customer support questions, issues or disputes;
- Processing or fulfilling your request(s) and/or order(s) for Lessons, products, services, information or features;
- Enabling User-to-User communication and interaction and soliciting input and feedback to improve User experience;
- Identifying, researching, and protecting against any actual, potential or threatened misuse, unauthorized use, or unwanted use of the Site;
- Analyzing website usage; and
- Generally, providing and improving our Services.
By submitting your email to the Site, you consent to the use of that email as set out in this policy. You can always opt out of any email correspondences at a later date by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email.
Smarter Me Instructors receive recordings of their lessons and may use the recording to improve their curriculum and lessons and may provide the recording to you and other participants in the class.
4. Payment information
If you make any purchases or otherwise utilise any other services provided through our Site, we may collect certain payment and/or billing information in relation to such activity which may include your name, mailing address, billing address, credit card or bank account information (the “Payment Information”). You may also be required to provide such Payment Information directly to our payment processing partner as may be required for the purposes of processing payments related to the provision of services provided through the Site.
If we collect the Payment Information, we will not use the Payment Information we collect except as may be required in relation to the provision of services provided through the Site, including without limitation, to fulfil your purchase, facilitate the provision of a Course or otherwise facilitate payments from you to us (or vice-versa) and/or communicate with you regarding your transaction.
5. How we protect your information
We are committed to maintaining the security of personal information. We have put in place appropriate security procedures and technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal information such as using an SSL certificate for our website.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information.
However, we may share your personal data with certain third parties without further notice to you, under the following circumstances:
- If Smarter Me’s business is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
- We engage third party vendors and service providers to perform certain functions on our behalf. Your details may be disclosed if the function so requires, as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential.
- We may also release your personal information to the extent we are required to do so by law, in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings, or when we believe release is appropriate to enforce our site policies, or protect ours and others’ rights, property, or safety.
Further, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
7. Publicly posted information
Smarter Me takes special care to protect the privacy needs of children under the age of 13 and encourages parents to be an active participant in your child’s online activities and interests.
Collection: We collect information about students directly from parents or guardians who purchase a Course and provide us with the child’s name, date of birth and potentially contact number and email. The Courses may take place over live video streaming / virtual classrooms in which video images of the children are recorded. In addition, children may share information about themselves during lessons or in Public Areas.
Disclosure: Smarter Me shares the name, age, and any notes you have provided about your student to the Course Instructor. This information, which has been provided by you, the parent or guardian, may also be shared to comply with legal requirements.
Class Video Recordings: As described above, Smarter Me records video of students and instructors during the lessons. The lesson recordings are made available to Smarter Me and the Instructor and all students of the same Course will also be able to view the recordings. Smarter Me will obtain additional parental consent before we share any class video recordings of children under the age of 13, for promotional or other purposes. Please note however, parents or students may independently share the videos. We have no control over such independent sharing by parents or students.
9. Links to other websites
11. Updating and correcting your information
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Smarter Me changes, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to email@example.com. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
12. Request to withdraw consent
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data by submitting your request to Smarter Me through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to Smarter Me Pte. Ltd. at 43 Science Park Road #01-11, Singapore 117408.
Smarter Me will process your request within seven (7) working days from the date the request for withdrawal of consent was made, and will thereafter not collect, use and/or disclose your personal data. However, your withdrawal of consent could result in certain legal consequences arising from such withdrawal. Depending on the extent of the withdrawal of consent, it may mean that we will not be able to continue providing our Services to you.
13. How to contact us